1. The first tune you loved… Well, let’s say: my parent’s house and my father’s car have always been full of music, all the time. I mean: every kind of music. But, of course, since I was born at the end of 70s, it mainly means every kind of rock-oriented music… The most noisy, of course, have always been left in the corner by my mother’s love for silence and chatting. So, our commune life and our travels were full of Bruce Springsteen (’cause mom could stand it pretty well, also for a 6hour car-ride to the seaside), Beatles, Rolling Stones, the Doors, Pink Floyd, X, Roxy Music… Therefore I suppose that the first tune I loved was the first one I bought on my own, the one the made me feel “more alternative than my father”. So, let’s say it was Guns ‘n Roses, let’s say “Apetite for Destruction”, let’s say “Welcome to the Jungle”, “Sweet Child of Mine”, “Paradise City” and every single song from that album, as well.
2. The band that opened your ears if you mean that opened my ears to a new kind of Perception: Pink Floyd, The Doors, … if you mean that opened my ears to the genres that I loved the most: Led Zeppelin, Patty Smith, The Clash, The Cure, The Smiths.
3. The instrument(s) you play… Let’s say PIANO, ’cause I’ve been playing it for more than 8 years, but I do not play any instrument at all, by now.
4. Your song… Since 3 years, ’cause my own life has been so similar to its lyrics and also because it comes from one of my favorite bands, it’s been “Apart”, by the Cure. It’s not my only one, but it’s me, of course.
5. Favorite song + band from your country of birth… mmmm… No band. …Let’s switch to a kind of experimental Jazz-Folk-Blues inbued with Tom Waits’ spirit… Vinicio Capossela: he’s not a musician, but an artist, of course. An artist who’s a writer and knows all the secrets of “the art of drinking wine”, as well. As for the song, let’s say Camera a Sud.
6. Your Shanghai theme… 有谁共鸣 (piano performance) by 张国荣 ZHANG GUORONG (Leslie Cheung) and “Siboney” by Connie Francis (from the soundtrack of Wong Kar-Wai’s 2046).
7. The band you want to see playing live Radiohead- I have never been able to listen to them live and now they’re gonna play in Japan while I go back to Europe (damn it!) (same time-space problems with Red Hot Chili Peppers, too).
8. When is not about music is about… Visual Arts, Literature, Anthropology, History.
9. Your relationship with ducks… I feel guilty when I eat them (they’re so cute!!!), but …how to explain it? Well, the addiction to Chinese foods is part of my life.
10. Your favorite spice… Cinnamon